Stunning new Development From Bianchi
Bianchi launched the HoC (Hors Category) new Oltre XR frame at the Palais Beaumont in Pau on the Tour de France's second rest day, Tuesday, July 17, in the presence of 1965 Tour de France winner Felice Gimondi, testimonial and legend of Bianchi brand.
Oltre XR is a monocoque carbon frame designed for extreme performance. Its increased rigidity and Bianchi’s unique racing geometry are combined to provide fast acceleration, maximum power transmission and enhanced handling.
PID graphics (Pure Italian Design) and performance merge in a technique-oriented design. Oltre XR’s increased lightness results in optimal climbing performance, and aerodynamics were focused in order to assure the highest speeds in both flat and downhill sections.
Bianchi Oltre XR’s most exclusive new feature is the combination of UMS40 and CN60 Ultra High Modulus carbon fibers, allowing a 30-gr weight reduction while also increasing the frame rigidity by 20% compared to the original Bianchi Oltre model, that was also optimized to achieve the most efficient power transmission and the best rigidity-to-weight ratio.
Featuring X-TEX, Carbon Nano Tech, Carbon Nano Tube Tech, WMP and UTTS technologies, Oltre is the top model of the Bianchi Road range, and is widely regarded as one of the best racing bikes ever made by Bianchi.
Bianchi Oltre XR features:
- Tapered headtube 1 1/8” - 1.5”, for improved rigidity on the front part, providing enhanced handling and power transmission
- BB30 improves stiffness and rigidity
- Aero shape and design
- Dedicated seatpost system with integrated look
- Internal cable routing
- UTSS Ultra Thin Seat Stay
- Carbon Monocoque technology
- UMS40+CN60 Ultra High Modulus carbon fibers
- Nano Tubes evolution of Nano technology applied to the carbon
- X-TeX Technology
- WMP Optimized molding process to reduce weight
- Unidirectional carbon woven
- 7 sizes: 47-50-53-55-57-59-61
- Weight: 895gr (size 55, +/- 5%)